Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Off the high board

Wow, I have taken the plunge. Today I enrolled in NED - 11 - Internet design-Introduction at Curtin University of Technology (CUT) through Open Universities Australia (OUA). I hope to complete the Bachelor of Arts (Internet Studies), but have taken this unit in isolation to start my studies as it will have a direct benefit to my business.

However, my enthusiasm may have gotten the better of me. Upon reading (not browsing), the Recommended Study Pattern, I saw that students,"must complete NET11 and NET12 (in either order, or at the same time) before commencing any other units of study with Curtin." So I hope I can get recognised prior learning for this unit. Anyhoo, on with the show!

Since the unit doesn't start for a couple of weeks and I am keen as a bean, I kept on poking around the OUA site and the CUT site. I then found the Info-Matrix on the course page at CUT. From there it was a short hop to delicious and a previous students blog. Realising I may have to keep a blog for the unit here it is!

Have already put some html into practice editing the links in this post, found info at about.com . The editor didn't like closing the a href tags and added span tags to pasted text. So I have learnt today, yay!

Dear me, it has taken an hour to write this and I still have to reference it. Glad I am only doing one unit at a time :) I really can't wait to start in earnest and meet everyone in the forums.

references (will do this properly later):
CUT
OUA
delicious
blogger
about

No comments:

Post a Comment