Sunday, May 10, 2009

Module 4 - Tools and plugins

Download and install at least 2 unfamiliar programs from the list and evaluate. I have and use most of the programs on the list except Copernic and the offline browsers, so we will try these. For the record though here is a quick run through of the whole list.

  1. Acrobat: I have version 9 which is the latest to date. I also use Acrobat Pro and Photoshop to create and edit pdfs.
  2. Have the latest Flash/Shockwave player and use Flash MX to create .fla and .swf files.
  3. Media players. I agree, you need more than one due to proprietry formats. I have and use Quicktime, Real One, WMP, VLC, DiVX, Ogg Vorbis.
  4. Have downloaded Copernic and after a quick trial it looks like a piece of software I will be using a lot more as I study more units. At first glance the tracking feature looks good and so do a lot of the features locked in the basic version. Will be upgrading to full version and will update this post when I have played with it. I will be using this in conjunction with Google for my concepts assignment research.
  5. I use del.ici.ous. And dragging current stuff to the bookmarks toolbar if it is of passing interest. At the cost of grade points I cannot bring myself to download and install anything that has 'buddy' in the title. Especially for Windows.
  6. Will try these.

No comments:

Post a Comment