Monday, April 20, 2009

Module 2 Chat

Chat task is to choose a method, then arrange to meet with other students in the unit and have a chat.

Chose ICQ because it was first on the list and I figured most students would go for it. However as I was one of the last to finish this task it wouldn't have mattered which method I chose. I have IRC'ed before and found it clunky (although less intrusive on my pc system.) I play Entropia regularly and have dabbled in Second Life, but thought it was unrealistic to expect people to download and install either of these large and graphics intensive programs to chat with.

After installing ICQ, I was able to meet up with Amanda for a quick one on one chat and then with Jessica for a group chat. One on one was ok although not very efficient, waiting for responses. Group was laggy with one persons response overlapping with anothers question. Overall I woulde rate chat as recreational communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment