Sunday, April 26, 2009

Module 3 - HTML tags

For this task we had to do a tutorial on html and then make a single page incorporating the skills taught in the tutorial. As a Dreamweaver user, I have not done much hand coding, but I always looked at my source code and tweaked the inevitable layout problems. So this task was not at all foreign to me as I understood all the concepts and had some previous practice.

However I did get a kick out of handcoding from start to finish, although it did seem very time consuming. With practice and some tools, I am sure this will become easier and more natural. Everyone I know who went from WYSIWYG editors to handcoding have said they would never go back. I trust them :)

In comparison to blogging, well it's the same thing really, just different interface. Really experienced bloggers would have no problem handcoding a site, but blogging is easier, with a shallower learning curve vs html. Plus no ftp and a stable platform for archiving. Handcoding does give flexibility and greater control and knowledge though. For me in context of keeping this journal, I prefer blogging for speed and ease over html. For my business site I wouldn't consider blogging.


Here is the link!



Didn't have any real problems with this task except for getting the list centred while keeping the bullets aligned. Had to go with a table.

No comments:

Post a Comment